Regulations for Sign Language Interpreters
TENETS (abbreviated RID Professional Code of Conduct)
- Interpreters adhere to standards of confidential communication.
- Interpreters possess the professional skills and knowledge required for the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for consumers.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for colleagues, interns, and students of the profession.
- Interpreters maintain ethical business practices.
- Interpreters engage in professional development.
Click to view the full version of the code http://www.rid.org/ethics/code/
A major goal of the Privacy Rule (HIPAA) is to ensure that individuals’ health information is properly protected while allowing the flow of information needed to provide and promote high quality health care and to protect the public’s well being. http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/index.html
To learn about deaf rights, visit http://www.ADA.gov
The National Association for the Deaf is the nation’s premier civil rights organization of, by and for deaf and hard of hearing individuals in the United States of America. Visit them at www.NAD.org
PollyChirp™ adheres to federal, regulatory, and statutory directives for all of its sign and foreign language interpreter services.
Please contact us at 1-800-844-8832 for any assistance needed in scheduling a sign language interpreter.